Apr 14, 2014

Photography post: live shows and events

I haven't done an update on photography for a while, so here's a short overview of my latest shots of live shows and parties. I have never had any special enthusiasm towards event photography, but the practice of photographing live bands and parties has actually gradually planted a seed affection for it. It definitely has something to do with the fact that I'm better at it now thanks to the growing experience of shooting in low light. As a fan of natural light and shooting outside this has been a new thing for me. I do not own a flash, so this has been a challenge. Sometimes I've managed to lend one, but mostly I've just learned to cope without it. My new Nikon D610 is another benchmark as it operates nicely on higher ISO speeds.
The only real contradiction in all this is how to balance between taking photos and searching for angles, and enjoying the music and dancing - this is mainly because so far I have mostly photographed the events I actually enjoy very much. Too much even. So I think the next milestone along the journey in the event photography world is to take pictures of different events and concentrate on photography. So far it has been a fun mixture of both and I would love to keep it that way.


 Live: Stigmatroz

 Backstage craziness with insane Spaniards from Stigmatroz.

Live: Horricane


No comments:

Post a Comment